today celebrates the glorious day this pretty little mama graced us with her presence..
it’s hayley marg’s bday!!
hay and i have been friends- well pretty much ever since our parents have been bff’s- so that’s a LONG flipping time. our mom’s and dad’s have really weird crazy bromances, so it’s only natural that we do too! now that one of my besties [with testies?] is getting to the ripe old age of 24, i can share some of her most special events in her life!! jk, i wouldn’t do that..? but i will tell you that hay and i have a knack for getting really weird and hyper together, aaaand i’m kind of hoping that it lasts FOREVER. so happy birfday lover, hope you have the best day!! can’t wait to throw down some brews [and bros? …what?] with you tmrw!! xoxoxoxo
am SO glad the sun is out.. makes for a happy girl!
get to see my mom and sisters before they leave for aruuuba tomorrow! [sooo jealous!]
am wearing my fur crocs and jeans to work.. yep, you read that right.. fur crocs.. it’s a good look, lemme tell you..
found an adorable blog - bleubirdvintage.typepad.com - and kind of fell in love with their wedding.. pretty unconventional, but that’s what makes it special, right? & the baby they call birdie.. ohemgee!
would love to spend the afternoon with brendan fallis. he’s a dj in nyc.. cutiiie!
need to make some important phone calls.. re-lo… ah!
am still thinking about the delish pinkberry i had for dinner last night, nomm! froyo is a healthy dinner.. don’t ever think otherwise!
am thinking about getting back in to hot yoga…it’ll be worth the $!
love bromances.. & am a little more in love with pauly & vinny…. “is that a JIRT?”
can’t believe snooks might be prego- WHAT is she doiiiing!
have almost kicked this cold…!! & nyquil means business. don’t think my eyes can stay open longer than 20 minutes after swallowing those babies..
am sooo excited to celebrate hayleyboo’s birfday tmrw [big green bows in hair & all!]
“someone told me there’s a girl out there with love in her eyes and flowers in her hair. took my chances on a big jet plane, never let them tell you that we’re all the same. the sea was red and the sky was grey; i wondered how tomorrow could ever follow today…”—led zeppelin
"my mother had a great deal of trouble with me..but i think she enjoyed it"
starting off the week with a little ‘sunshine’…my mama! she is by far the strongest, most kind-hearted person i know & obvi needs a post dedicated just to her! so i asked the maj a couple questions and here’s what she said…
1. best advice you’ve ever received: Probably the best has been “kill them with kindness” .. where does harshness get you?? With kindness you walk away with a feeling of ‘I tried my best.’
2. favorite vacation: BHI.. and it was not a vacation place, but Dad and I felt like we were on vacation at Sweet Peas Cottage (the river house)
3. fav song(s): way too many..but I love Barry White … You’re the First You’re the Last … My Everything.
4. movie closest to your heart: Coal Miner’s Daughter was my first movie with your Dad. But I love Father of the Bride (Steve Martin version) and Baby Boom.
5. best toddy: Amaretta sour, actually anything fruity!
6. i want to ______________ right now.I really want to be at peace … mind, heart and soul.
7. current obsessions: Stupid TV shows … Bachelor, American Idol, Biggest Loser and the weekends are all about HGTV!!
8. words of wisdom from the maja: ”Be young, be foolish and be happy! Find peace within yourself and happiness will follow!” And this really comes from your father who said this to your Uncle Jimmy - “Don’t look back, you cannot change the past but you do have the ability to change the future.”
THE BEST CANNED BEERS - of course this was the first article i read on yahoo this morning.. duh..important info, people. y’all know my heart will always be with natty & bl, but i’m open to other things too.. unfortunately, i’m just not sure this article knows what the heck is going on.. neither natty or bl made this list….like come on mark byrne, have you lived? obviously not. anyway, in case you’re too lazy to read the article above, here’s what this crazy man wrote:
1. dale’s pale ale
2. porkslap pale ale .. ew, the can
3. brooklyn lager
4. fat tire amber ale
6. boont amber ale
7. pabst blue ribbon (pbr) - could not disagree more. this is not good no matter how cheap you are.
8. simpler times lager - it’s cheaper and tastes better than pbr? sign me up!
9. apparently you’re supposed to avoid genesee cream ale — well yeah no shit, don’t drink beer that has “cream” in it.
hope this inspires your thirsty thursday trip to the grocery store tonight! but don’t be ashamed to go with the most obvious [best] choice.. bl/natty always win. even if they sit in your kitchen for weeks (maybe even months), i guarantee you they will taste just as good. & they don’t need a dang blue mountain to let you know they’re cold. aand they are perfect for all kinds of activities: bonging, shotgunning, any card game imaginable, chugging, case races, etc.. try chugging 4 bluemoons and see how long they stay in your stomach.. just sayin!