“someone told me there’s a girl out there with love in her eyes and flowers in her hair. took my chances on a big jet plane, never let them tell you that we’re all the same. the sea was red and the sky was grey; i wondered how tomorrow could ever follow today…”—led zeppelin
"my mother had a great deal of trouble with me..but i think she enjoyed it"
starting off the week with a little ‘sunshine’…my mama! she is by far the strongest, most kind-hearted person i know & obvi needs a post dedicated just to her! so i asked the maj a couple questions and here’s what she said…
1. best advice you’ve ever received: Probably the best has been “kill them with kindness” .. where does harshness get you?? With kindness you walk away with a feeling of ‘I tried my best.’
2. favorite vacation: BHI.. and it was not a vacation place, but Dad and I felt like we were on vacation at Sweet Peas Cottage (the river house)
3. fav song(s): way too many..but I love Barry White … You’re the First You’re the Last … My Everything.
4. movie closest to your heart: Coal Miner’s Daughter was my first movie with your Dad. But I love Father of the Bride (Steve Martin version) and Baby Boom.
5. best toddy: Amaretta sour, actually anything fruity!
6. i want to ______________ right now.I really want to be at peace … mind, heart and soul.
7. current obsessions: Stupid TV shows … Bachelor, American Idol, Biggest Loser and the weekends are all about HGTV!!
8. words of wisdom from the maja: ”Be young, be foolish and be happy! Find peace within yourself and happiness will follow!” And this really comes from your father who said this to your Uncle Jimmy - “Don’t look back, you cannot change the past but you do have the ability to change the future.”
THE BEST CANNED BEERS - of course this was the first article i read on yahoo this morning.. duh..important info, people. y’all know my heart will always be with natty & bl, but i’m open to other things too.. unfortunately, i’m just not sure this article knows what the heck is going on.. neither natty or bl made this list….like come on mark byrne, have you lived? obviously not. anyway, in case you’re too lazy to read the article above, here’s what this crazy man wrote:
1. dale’s pale ale
2. porkslap pale ale .. ew, the can
3. brooklyn lager
4. fat tire amber ale
6. boont amber ale
7. pabst blue ribbon (pbr) - could not disagree more. this is not good no matter how cheap you are.
8. simpler times lager - it’s cheaper and tastes better than pbr? sign me up!
9. apparently you’re supposed to avoid genesee cream ale — well yeah no shit, don’t drink beer that has “cream” in it.
hope this inspires your thirsty thursday trip to the grocery store tonight! but don’t be ashamed to go with the most obvious [best] choice.. bl/natty always win. even if they sit in your kitchen for weeks (maybe even months), i guarantee you they will taste just as good. & they don’t need a dang blue mountain to let you know they’re cold. aand they are perfect for all kinds of activities: bonging, shotgunning, any card game imaginable, chugging, case races, etc.. try chugging 4 bluemoons and see how long they stay in your stomach.. just sayin!
..i know sometimes i’m outta control, you’re the only reason i keep on comin.. you’re the only reason i keep on comin, yeah..you’re the only reason i keep on comin home..
headed down to our river house [sweet pea’s cottage] this weekend to celebrate our sweet sweet home and my dad. sadly, the house sold waaay faster than i [everyone] thought it would.. but for many reasons, it makes sense. so we’re heading down bright and early saturday morning with family & some of our closest friends who loved dad and our house almost as much as we do. this house holds SO many memories that i cannot begin to explain how much i’ll miss it.. through our tears (because omg, if you’re a burton or even a friend of ours, you know you’ll cry) i know we’ll laugh and tell stories about all the wonderful time spent there..
watched pretty woman last night for the billionth time.. it doesn’t get old! i love the music and just aaadore julia in this.. all my faves below..check it outttt:
you got to not talk dirty, baby../i don’t need to fall at your feet, just ‘cause you cut me to the bone.. [seriously one of my favs of aaaallll time]/pretty woman, don’t walk on by../it must have been good but i lost it somehow.. [you know this, the part where you’re almost crying at the end…]
"in case i forget to tell you later, i had a really good time tonight" :) / "i appreciate this whole seduction thing you’ve got going on here, but let me give you a tip: i’m a sure thing" / "i’m gunna treat you so nice, you’re never gunna let me go" / "i want the fairytale"
“life can change in the blink of an eye. all you have is right now. so don’t ever put off telling someone how you feel about them, don’t assume that they know, because they might not and it might be too late.”—alexandra potter