watched pretty woman last night for the billionth time.. it doesn’t get old! i love the music and just aaadore julia in this.. all my faves below..check it outttt:
you got to not talk dirty, baby../i don’t need to fall at your feet, just ‘cause you cut me to the bone.. [seriously one of my favs of aaaallll time]/pretty woman, don’t walk on by../it must have been good but i lost it somehow.. [you know this, the part where you’re almost crying at the end…]
"in case i forget to tell you later, i had a really good time tonight" :) / "i appreciate this whole seduction thing you’ve got going on here, but let me give you a tip: i’m a sure thing" / "i’m gunna treat you so nice, you’re never gunna let me go" / "i want the fairytale"
“life can change in the blink of an eye. all you have is right now. so don’t ever put off telling someone how you feel about them, don’t assume that they know, because they might not and it might be too late.”—alexandra potter
I’m writing to you about a beautiful young lady who has been in this household for 25 years now—come March 4.
I have a request to make of you but before doing so feel you should know more about her. For one thing she has 2 hearts—her own and mine. I’m not complaining. I gave her mine willingingly, and like it right where it is. Her name is Nancy but for some time now I’ve called her Mommie and don’t believe I could change.
My request of you is—could you on this day whisper in her ear that someone loves her very much and more and more each day? Also tell her, this “Someone” would run down like a dollar clock without her so she must always stay where she is.
Then tell her if she wants to know who that “Someone” is to just turn her head to the left. I’ll be across the room waiting to see if you told her. If you’ll do this for me, I’ll be very happy knowing that she knows I love her with all my heart.
just ‘cause i can..[bore you with weird things] here are a few notes from the week:
1. this is huge. i. made. dinner. for other people. mind you it was “breakfast for dinner” ..you’d think that’d be a no brainer. i’ll have you know that it’s not. [i had the stove on high for insanely long—the butter was literally sizzling & popping off the pan..i thought lite = low..woopsies] anyway, here’s what i made: pancakes (blueberry, chocochip, reg), french toast, turkey bacon (thin/crispy - i was told this tasted like air, yum!?), fruit (i did not make this), mimos, cinnamon buns. carbs galore. well, i didn’t kill anyone and they actually said it tasted decent. i’m all about taste, not looks…. and below you can see why..
my first 2 pancakes. blueberry is hard to turn over/keep together? whatver, nomnomnom.
3.p90x ab ripperx might kill me. kt & i agreed we actually feel like are stomachs might be chubbier than before (well, just me. stickwoman doesn’t have a belly) i’ve done a lot of air humping lately to try to stretch out this pain. super attractive. (thank u mr. m for the dvd!)
4. euro-trip with the cousins is in the works!! can NOT wait for this. [it’s not til october, but who cares]
5. i love this article by joanna from a cup of joe. how do you get ready for a date? do you have a go-to outfit? hair/makeup? [i actually have no idea what i do & it probably changes every time.. but i generally think mostly natural makeup with a pretty top & curled (just a little) hair is pretty safe for muah]
6. off to see one of my very best friends, miss jessica ann, tomorrow! she just got her official offer letter from a pharmacy in DE [she’s almost done with pharm school!!] and i couldn’t be happier for her! we be celebratin tmrw! oh haaay cvilleee! ;)
that’s all i’ve got. happy wknd, lovers. go do somethin crazy.
in case you’re one of those valentine’s day loving people and plan on spending the day with your favorite person doing something adorably cheesy ..orrr in case you prefer black hearts and & endless amounts of candy on this godforsaken hallmark day, i’ve come up with a little song for you.. & all those in between. [try to act like you haven’t seen pink and red throw up all over target and hallmark..you know it’s coming] so here ya go, enjoy people. serenade your sweetie or belt out these oldies to yourself while you down the last drop of pinot.. :)
..whatever floats your pretty little boat [heart].
if you’re a smitten kitten: you’ve really got a hold on me*; my girl *
if you want him/her back: signed, sealed, delivered*; workin my way back to you*
if you’re still dreamin: someday we’ll be together*
if you’re a hopeless romantic (oh help you! ;) baby now that i’ve found you*
if you’re long-time married: my first, my last, my everything* (this is a big janie & mikey song) :)
if you’re about to put a ring on it: with this ring*
if you’re lookin for some love: baby i need your lovin*; don’t be cruel*
if you’re sayin take a second look: do you love me*
if you’re sayin see ya.. never: band of gold* (hmt this one’s for u, girlfriend! it will always be our song)
if you’re a little heartbroken: it’s the same old song*; you’ve lost that lovin feelin’*
you make everything a little brighter every day i get to see your freakishly gorgeous face. you’re the funniest, sweetest, coolest, goofiest, kill-me-handsomest man i’ve never met. hellogiggles & i seem to see eye-to-eye on this subject [you].. but i say, keep doin’ what you’re doin’. eye <3 u!
currently re-reading “i love you, ronnie” —[obvi] i adore this book.. nancy reagan saved all of her letters from her ‘ronnie’ all throughout their courtship and marriage.. it’s amazing how many letters he wrote to her- he wrote to her when he was away traveling around the US and even when she was just a room away. rr sure had a way with words. they are truly the sweetest letters i’ve ever read.. here’s just a little excerpt of a letter he wrote to his mrs.:
i suppose some people would find it unusual that you and i can so easily span three thousand miles but in truth it comes very naturally. man can’t live without a heart and you are my heart, by far the nicest thing about me and so very necessary. there would no life without you nor would i want any.
turn that frown upside-down.. it’s fiiiinally friday!
& for no reason at all..here are a few insanely interesting notes for your reading pleasure:
1. “positive attracts positive” - janie alice. words to live by.
2. i wish nicole polizzi [yes, snooks] & i were real-life friends. i love her. she makes thursday nights so much better.
3. february = februANY.. SUBVAAY SATURDAYS. hmt - we gotta get back on this.
4. loving this warm weather… groundhogs don’t know *hit.
5. watched remember the titans twice. in the same night. [RG is in that movie in case y’all forgot…. he’s allen. SO dreamy.]
6. jean day at the office is the besssst.
7. resume writing - not fun. sending it out - verrrry fun.
8. i can honestly say i’ve never been more confused about what i’m doing with myself as i am right now. buuut, i’ve also never been more excited to figure it out. or as my maja says, “get my shit together” :)
9. have y’all tried the “#1 song in the USA on this date in history according to Billboard Magazine”? ok well i think you’re supposed to do it on your birthday… mine: “on my own” by patti labelle and michael mcdonald… are you KIDDING me? if this is like foreshadowing my life …….. whatever. nevermind. anyway, awful song. so 1985 - heaven by bryan adams; 1987 - i wanna dance with somebody by whitney houston. what the flip 1986?!
10. i have the best friends…evaaa. foreva? foreva eva? ;)