how great are these specialized wine bottles from Swanson Vineyards?!? i think i’d get the “expensive” for my snoody friends (uh jk), “lucky night” for my girls & “with love” for that special someone..well ya know, mr. invisible! ;)
holy balls i haven’t been this excited for the wknd in a while…maybs because we’re departing for tech in a few hours & going to see some wonnnderful people?! yeah, probably. and in honor of this sacred, beloved (spring game) wknd, miss emily tricketts, one of the biggest vt football/blacksburg lovers i know, is this friday’s “efff yeahh”!! emily is a great friend of mine i met a few years ago at tech- she’s one of the kindest, funnest (yeah, i know it’s not a word) girls i know! em has some seriously hot spidey (leg) dance moves & can hang with the best of ‘em (i.e.: making it downtown in sweats after intense faystone beer-lympics & dancing/singing in the pouring down rain at tots)! i cannnnnot wait to hang with her this wknd & see what trouble we can get into!!
so, here’s miss emily!!
em’s disclaimer: I am a VERY indecisive person, so when you ask me to name “one” thing or the “best” or “perf” thing, I can rarely choose just one, so I included all my top answers :)
1. guilty pleasure: m&m’s.. either peanut or peanut butter.. I could literally eat a 1lb. bag of those in one sitting. And Twilight - the books, movies, anything related to Rob Pattinson, really. Oh and Jersey Shore, duh.
2. song that describes you/your life: hmm, at the moment I’d like to think “Born This Way” by Lady Gaga.. I’m really trying to live by the message in the song, as far as being proud and happy about who I am and accepting myself and others as they are
3. perf date night: something spontaneous that involves food, and lots of it… ideally I’d love to be at the beach on this perf date with a guy that makes me laugh and who I can be my silly, immature self with
4. cocktail/appy preference: I’m not a huge cocktail drinker, so I’d have to pick beer. Blue Moon or Shock Top are two of my faves. Any kind of appetizer with cheese is perfect.. I’m not picky.
5. staple item: depends on the season! if it’s summer: my Havianas flip flops, if it’s winter: my Uggs.. I live in those 2 pairs of shoes depending on what the temperature is outside
6. favorite blacksburg memory: oh geeesh! well in the 8 YEARS that I’ve lived here (yikes!) I can’t say I have one favorite memory, so I’ll name a few that stand out: dancing in the rain at TOTS, beating Clemson in football on a Thursday night my senior year of college, summer of ‘05 (Blacksburg Reading Club)
7. VT bar of choice (& why): TOTS when it’s warm out and it’s a football weekend because all my favorite people are probably in town, and you can hang out downstairs at the VT shaped bar.. and of course RAILS!
8. have to have: my nails painted (my one super-girly quality) and a good book to read at all times
9. best feeling ev: sleeping in or having a new crush.. but since I don’t get to experience either of those very often, I’m going to name one of the best feelings that I get more often because of my job: realizing that a child’s life (or even just their day) is better because of something I’ve done
10. mirror mirror on the wall…. be proud of yourself, imperfections and all!
headed down to blacksburg this weekend to see al b with mom, chels and kate! kinda for easter, kinda for the spring game(!!) :) i’m so dang excited.. think the ADD has gone up a couple notches in the past couple of hours just thinking about it! blacksburg is just one of those places that as soon as you get to about mile marker 122, and you’re only 4 miles from 118b, you kinda become a little kid again- as if you’re going to the beach and you can almost smell the ocean- but for blacksburg i guess it would be smelling a rail and el rods?! (maybe tcby & substation too! hah) i have no doubt it will be a fabuulous time!
here’s a little pic i found on etsy of dt bburg:
hard not to love it when it’s that cute, huh?! shark tank is hard to see..but it’s to the right of the green hooptie van ;)
and here’s a little preview of blacksburg w my gf’s!
*spring game a few years ago: all the faystoners + natalie! :)
*from this past fall :) lizzie, court, me, kim & kate!
* aaand this is a little later on one night at tots.. obbbviously a good night :)
Give me books, fruit, French wine and fine weather and a little music out of doors, played by someone I do not know. I admire lolling on a lawn by a water-lilied pond to eat white currants and see goldfish: and go to the fair in the evening if I’m good. There is not hope for that —one is sure to get into some mess before evening.
it’s funny how people change. i’ve noticed this more and more recently.. i hate to say that in a snobbish way(as if i haven’t b/c heaven knows i have!), but it’s sad sometimes when (we) do.. sometimes for the good andd..not so good. but i guess that’s just the way it goes & we have to accept it. i have a tendency to harp/reflect on the past for waaay too long..so i think this is something i should/will welcome…. anyway, all of my seriously vague idioms simply mean that accepting change isnt’ always easy ..especially when it alters the way you feel & perceive something or someone that/who was important in your life.
anyway, there are my peanut gallery thoughts for the day.. :) happy monday!!
who actually liked “the city” (i think that was the name of the show?!) - this girl!
today’s lovely ef yeah friday spotlight is on one of my nearest & dearest friends, miss emily stuart! em & i have been friends since we were soo little: playing in our leotards in her driveway making up cheers; playing in trees with our american girl dolls. ah, so presh. em has always been more like an older sister to me than just a friend & i adore her more than she probably knows! we share not only our past but our future dreams of moving south, long summers of boating with our loves & friends & just finding what makes us genuinely happy! ;)
anyway, here’s a little dose of miss em!
1. guilty pleasure: pretzel m&m’s while watching MTv’s 16 and Pregnant/Teen Mom (bless)
2. song that describes you/your life: Cyndi Lauper’s Girls Just Wanna Have Fun “The phone rings in the middle of the night My father yells what you gonna do with your life Oh daddy dear you know you’re still number one But girls they want to have fun Oh girls just want to have”
3. perf date night: rooftop dining w. a champagne toast CHEERS!!!
4. cocktail/appy preference: skinny bitch with a twist (aka vodka soda w.citrus) / Vegetables & a spicy hummus
5. staple item: Dior Sunglasses, Pearls, and classic trench
6. heads carolina/tails california?: Oh my sweet Carolina…
7. holiday: Memorial Day hello summer whites and lilly prints (yes I know that you can wear them before Memorial day, but I’m old fashioned and follow Emily Post etiquette to a fault)
8. have to have: palmer’s cocoa butter stick. It’s huge and people stare thinking I’m using a glue stick on my lips, but it works wonders.
9. best feeling ev: fresh linens in the summer
10. mirror mirror on the wall…. Where’s my prince charming? Please have him call!!!
1. it’s 105’ in that room (with about 20 other people). so why they only call it “hot yoga” is beyond me. it should be called “hot as *hit yoga” - point is, you sweat like maniac. no point in wiping off the sweat bc it’s just gunna come running back down your face in 5 seconds..
2. it’s deceivingly hard. holding the positions for longer than 10 seconds is work let me tell you.
3. legit almost passed out a couple times. don’t know if it’s from dehydration or because it was just that hot.. but yeah, had to sit down a couple times. and they really dont’ like you to leave the room..even if you’re dizzy & lightheaded..
4. despite how hard it was, i REALLY feel good! not too sore, just refreshed. so with that said, i definitely will be going back for round 2 (& 3,4 & 5!) totally recommend trying it- i promise half way through the class you’ll think you’re gunna die, but once it’s over & you feel amazing the next day, you’ll go back.
there’s a house in kw that i adore (among many) that has buoys hanging on the porch & on different sides of the house & along the white picket fence in front.. it’s so cute. i want to collect buoys for my beach house & decorate them just like that..
anyway, on a completely different note, frophie & i are trying our first bikram yoga class tonight! i am SO excited. i’ve been drinking more water today than i probably do in 2 days because i’ve heard you might want to be hydrated before you go into this 105 deg room for an hour & 1/2.. we signed up for 5 classes & i’m hoping that we love it so that we can find a studio a little closer to us so we can go more often! :D wish us luck *hope we don’t pass out :)
Adjective: Attempting to impress by affecting greater importance, talent, culture, etc., than is actually possessed.
call me crazy but what’s the big deal with having to be on a list to get in to a bar? this happened friday night (against my will); per the request of one of our guests for the night.. & while we waited in line amongst the bow ties, sweater vests and pearls, i thought what in the hell are we doing here. is it really necessary to pay $10 to get in to a bar where no one speaks to anyone they didn’t come with, where guys look each other over more than the girls do and where it could only be remotelyfun after an ungodly amt of v/s’s? nope. glad we ended the night at our fav place though! much rather dance around & be crazy than…. mm, just about anything else! ;)
ex of the “gentle”-men seen that night:
* note: i do loove seeing a popped collar every once in a while. but boys, unless you’re going to dinner at the cc with your parents, leave your bow ties & argyle sweaters at home when you go out. ;) or as i would said, “leave your pretentious ass at home” ;)
this friday’s special f-yeah is brought to you by miss chelsey-diva-bell! (aka my little/middle sister) chels is the diva-esqe, prepster with more wit than you know. i call her diva only because of her obsession w/ all things designer. she has recently taken to “thrifting” and selling her valuable things (ex. tory burch & lilly accessories/dresses) to not only fredericksburg thrift stores, but also selling these items to her own family. she is actually on her way down to bburg for the wknd to see the bean (ally, my youngest sister!) & her bff clairebear! hope she has a wonderful time!!
here’s a little taste of the belle:
1. guilty pleasure: online shopping 2. song that describes you/your life: dancing with myself by billy idol”so let’s sink another drink/’cause it’ll give me time to think/if i had a chance, i’d ask one to dance/and i’d be dancing with myself” 3. perf date night: dinner and star gazing on south beach - and THIS is why i never have perf date night. 4. cocktail/appy preference: mimos (no longer for sunday brunchers)/bean dip (for every occasion!) 5. staple item: MK tortoise shell watch 6. heads carolina/tails california: carolina girl, the best in the world 7. holiday: fourth of july - AMURICA 8. have to have: diet coke 9. best feeling ev: puppy love 10. mirror mirror on the wall… who is the most badass of all
have y’all heard about this? National Geographic (&others) created a real-life version of Pixar’s film UP! (granted i’ve never seen the movie, but i know what it’s about-& heard it’s awesome).
anyway, here’s the scoop on how these geniuses did it:
”On March 5 at dawn, National Geographic Channel and a team of scientists, engineers, and two world-class balloon pilots successfully launched a 16’ X 16’ house 18’ tall with 300 8’ colored weather balloons from a private airfield east of Los Angeles, and set a new world record for the largest balloon cluster flight ever attempted. The entire experimental aircraft was more than 10 stories high, reached an altitude of over 10,000 feet, and flew for approximately one hour.” - via: mymodernmoment
desperately need to get my hair cut/turned another shade of blonde (wink) asap & looking for inspiration.. looked to some beeautiful blonde celebs with hope that one of these do’s might be possible! what do you think?!
carrie. (i love how short her hair is here! so cute & frames her face perfectly)
dah.. i like them all! buut kind of leaning toward sienna or kate’s..
who’s your fave gossip girl? pretty sure blake is mine..trade bodies/hair with her in a heartbeat! + her style is amazing. buuut leighton seems like a little smart*ss which i like & her preppy outfits are aaadorable! they must have about 100 headbands on set just for her!
i feel sometimes that the wknds fly by entirely too fast. like i’m always trying to catch up with the clock and hold back the minutes. this past weekend is a prime example. friday went out with a few friends.. maybe a little too long, and therefore saturday was a complete waste.. gah! i hate when i do that! luckily, feeling great on sunday, my PIC, hay, and i were quite productive.. went gymming, shopping, erranding, bowling (just fyi - i was bowler of the week last week! haha) & did a bit of cooking (our taco salads are pretty legit). anyway, my point was that despite a fun friday night & sunday, i wish the hours would just slooow dooown a little.. hopefully these long summer days will be here soon so we can all soak up the sunshine & find some time to do the things we want. and the shit that weighs us down para mi: (i will not write down) but i do think we have to look for the little things; we gotta find the happiness in every little thing..otherwise the big things will really smush us. maybe not every day is ideal, but there’s a bit of good & happiness there if you look hard enough..
side note: my very last english class at tech revolved around toni morrison’s novels.. seriously probably the best class i ever had. her work is incredible, as she is an incredible story-teller and woman herself.