posting my weekly “friday” post early this week since i’ll be hittin the road with hayleyboo tonight for the beach all wknd!! this friday’s ef yeah highlights one of my very best friends since FOREVER, miss jessica ann!! jess & i met when she joined the swim team when we were abouuttt 10.. it was then that we learned we not only shared the same birthday, but we were also born in the same hospital! how crazy is that?! we have been like sisters (unknowingly) since birth! we have literally grown up together & have been there for each other everyyy step of the way. although we might have polar opposite personalities in some ways - for example, she’s a planner/i am not, she’s studious/a genius..&& i’m still waiting for things to click (haha), she’s a ginger & i’m a blonde, she can throw down some shots- i’ll gag them back up & homegirl has her ish together wayyy more than i ever will - we’re always there for each other! :) needless to say, i adore her & envy her to death. she’s trulyy one of the sweetest & genuine friends i’ve ever had (& always will have) :)
i asked, she answered:
1. How old would you be if you didn’t know how old you are?/why? I think I’d be a mom’s age. I’m always watching out for people, am a huge people pleaser, and have a hard time relaxing when I know there are things to be done. I love to have a good time but sometimes it takes some convincing (by my friends/family and in my own head) to be able to. :)
2. When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done? I really hope not buts its possible. There are so many things that I’ve realized that I enjoy doing and doubt that in this short lifetime I’ll actually be able to do them all. I’m trying not to SAY I want to do them…but in my heart I do. But I’ll follow through on every promise I make and I hope that’s what matters most.
3. What one thing have you not done that you really want to do? I’d give anything to travel through Europe. I want to visit France, England, Greece, Ireland, and Italy. I hope for this to be my first vacation when I actually start working (finally!!).
4. current obsession: I’m not sure if this makes sense but keeping up with all my classmates in Richmond. I didn’t realize how close I’d gotten to all of these people over the past 3 years but I miss them like crazy now that I’m back in Warrenton and hope that I’ll improve my ‘keeping-in-touch’ skills because there are several people that I hope to keep in my life for a long time.
5. in 10 years: I hope to be the manager of a pharmacy in Rehoboth, happily married, and maybe have a kid or two. And to have at least one golden retriever.
6. perf date night: Making dinner together at one of our places (I love flirting in the kitchen and then enjoying what you have been able to make together even if it doesn’t taste as great as you’d like), going for a walk on the beach/boardwalk and getting ice cream, and finishing the night cuddling during a good movie.
7. go-to cocktail: glass of white wine or side car
8. movie that describes you/your life: 27 dresses :)
9. fav childhood memory: Summer days and nights at the country club with friends. After a long day of swimming in the pool and running around the tennis courts, the kids were sent to “Friday Fun Night” in the card room. Here we’d pretend to watch a silly disney movie or sneak into the locker rooms where we’d run around and play with all the cosmetics and toiletries. Then we’d finish the night with a delicious country club dessert and a sleepover at someone’s house that we convinced the parents to allow after they’d had a full night of tennis, dinner, and several drinks.
10. tell me something no one knows: I’m actually a pretty good poker player. My sister and I learned from our grandma playing with pennies and m&m’s. Maybe if pharmacy doesn’t work out for me I’ll try my luck on the tables. :)
found this lovely site while perusing one of my fave bloggies… hound is a shop based out of Chicago, IL, created by Jennifer Beeman. i love the simple, classic patterns & style of her dresses & shirts..
today’s ef yeah stars one of my very good friends & beautiful roomie, miss sophie (frophie)!! sophs is a hokie alum, but unfortunately that’s not where we met- not until i moved in with her & katie this past summer, and it’s been SO fun getting to know each other :) frophs is an amazing cook/baker - please check out her Sugar Chest (not meant to be pervy) - it’s awesome.. we’ve had so much fun together over the past year & i’m going to miss her terribly when we all move in a few weeks. i’ll miss that beautiful voice singing mariah carey every morning, watching her disappear into her room for hours to watch cooking shows, american idol and gossip girl & just listening to her hilarious stories.. frophs has the biggest heart & is such a wonderful friend.. so like she said, eat your heart out…
1. childhood dream: I used to think I wanted to be a librarian when I grew up because I liked the pen scanny things. Is that a lame dream or what?!
2. current obsession: You’d think its TV.. but Michael Kors watches although with this new move to Arlington, I’ll probably never be able to afford one again!!
3. celeb crush: Can I have a crush on a girl? Mariah Carey… duh! No seriously… Nate Archibald from Gossip Girl. I think that’s about as pretty boy as it gets and you know I like my pretty boys.
4. perfect date night: I love when boys cook for me for a change. Mix in some candles, wine and a movie and you have the recipe for a perfect date right there!
5. have to have… Well it used to be my glasses and contact case but now all I need is great friends and family
6. inspiration: Rebecca Black who sings Friday… if she can make it big, then anyone can!! I’m still trying to figure that out… maybe the Hurricane Sophie video needs to make it’s debut on YouTube.
7. in 10 years… Hopefully I’ll be happily married and pregnant with my third child (since the first children were twins of course) all while running my successful baking company THE SUGAR CHEST. Eat your heart out Georgetown Cupcakes!!
8. fav movie/why: Sound of Music because I love to sing along (I know you’re going to miss my singing!)
9. biggest pet peeve: This is really nerdy but I HATE when people use an apostrophe for things that are meant to be plural and not possesive.
10. tell me something no one knows: I don’t have many secrets but I think I tone down my “OCD-ness” in front of people. At work, I have all my office supplies organized and color coded like my clothes at home. (also very nerdy)
“And ultimately, they find out everything: How you chew, how you sip, how you hum, how you dance. How you smell at every point in the day, how you are on the phone with your mother, the fact that many of your friends are shallow, that you always have to sit on the aisle, how you never really listen, how whiny you get when you travel, how you’re not gracious to her friends when they call, how certain game shows make you really really happy, how cranky you get because you’re too stupid to remember to eat, how you manage to get confrontational only when it’s with the absolute wrong person to be yelling at, how you don’t like the way you look in any picture you’ve taken since 1973, how you’re unable to get off the phone when you’re running late because you don’t have the ability to say, ‘This isn’t a good time; can I call you back?’ How you have to lick certain fruits before actually eating them, how you have no ability to save receipts - all these things, and they still want to sign on. They still like you.
— PAUL REISER, COUPLEHOOD”—via: prettygirll
FCUKYEAHHH is back! this friday’s ef yeah is brought to you by the one and only, miss lolo sexton! lo is my beautiful cousin & one my dearest friends/sisters who will celebrating her… 27th birthday this weekend!! lo & i really and truly grew up together.. living in the same neighborhood for years; which meant we were often found singing/dancing/jumping on beth & tom’s bed while watching footloose, crimping our hair, mannny dinners at our house, getting seriously jealous of lo’s twirly skirt, &(trying) to have sleepovers whenever possible (i usually got home sick in the middle of the night). lo is now up in PA, living in the cutest dang rowhouse i have ever seen & living the fab life :) so with that said, HAPPY BIRTHDAY LO!! love you to pieces & wish i could celebrate with you this wknd!!
birfday girl interview:
1. childhood dream –to marry Patrick Swayze from Dirty Dancing!
2. describe your perfect day: sitting on the warm beach with friends/family and having a cocktail in hand
3. can’t live without: mascara, chapstick, sugarfree gum, and bronzer
4. inspiration: My dad! He has the biggest heart and is a genuinely great person.
5. biggest pet peeve: toilet seat up, slow people driving in the left lane, bad breath
6. right now i want to….. go visit my favorite cousins (Katie and Paige in VA) and be on my party bus that I have tomorrow to take a bunch of my friends to AC for my birthday!
7. celebrity to play you in a movie: This is a good question, probably Reese Witherspoon because she fabulous!
8. favorite place in the world/why? Venice, Italy-so romantic, gorgeous, fun! And Key West, FL-had some of my best times there with my family and friends
9. fav sports team: Philadelphia Phillies, Eagles, and WVU Mountaineers
10. last purchase: 3 dresses from Nordstroms last night for the summer.
have been slacking on the fcuk yeah fridays recently, my apologies! cinco de mayo took a little bit out of me.. pretty sure my current temperature is about 164 deg.. sometimes i swear ibuprofen is just sugar pills..because right now it isn’t doing ISH!
anyway, CHEERS TO A FAB WEEKEND!!
here’s chels & i at gold cup a few years ago.. “if you never did, you should. these things are fun, & fun is good!”
this saturday some of my best girlfriends & i will be going to gold cup; an infamous, slightly smaller version of the kentucky derby in the plains, va. gold cup entails lilly p, vineyard vines & brooks brothers galore, ample amounts of cocktails & beer, the biggest & most outrageous (hideous) sun hats you’ve ever seen, amazing tailgate hor’dourves, tiny-dog races, mk&a sunglasses, popped collars, seersucker & bowties, & maybe, just maybe you’ll see a horse race or two. can’t wait to tailgate & bet on a few races with the girls! saturday night we’ll be celebrating & continuing the tailgating for miss em’s bday! needless to say….can’t wait for the weeeekend!!
here’s a little preview of what can be expected:
chels-in the ascot & me- in the hat ;) (and our adorable dates?!.. hehe)
lilly grinding on top of a uhaul with a confed flag flying? .. yeah, looks about right.
hope everyone enjoys a few margs tonight in honor of cinco de mayo!
miss hayleyboo gave my roomies and i a little history lesson this morning about the holiday.. so in case you didn’t know why american’s celebrate cinco de mayo, now you do: “Cinco de Mayo is actually NOT the Mexican Independence Day and is celebrated more by Americans than Mexicans. Why? Because it was when the Mexicans defeated the French in 1862 which was very unlikely because it was an army of 4500 vs 6500. So why is this important to the Americans? The belief is, that the French wanted to break up the American Union (because this was also during the American Civil War) so their plan was to invade the US after their victory in Mexico. Since Napoleon was defeated, the French were not able to invade the US as planned. USA! USA! USA!” (verbatim, hmt)
kt, hayls & i will be celebrating tonight hopefully outside on a rooftop deck with either ungodly large margaritas or (a couple) coronas! no tequila shots for this lady though! tequila makes her clothes (brains) fall off. ;) xoxo