i am in no way, shape or form on the “i-do” train, but i found these gorgeous, unique rings and thought how i wouldn’t mind having one of these on my left finger for keeps. obviously they’re not the conventional sweetheart-cut diamond ring that (i think) most girls dream about, but still really think i’d like something different like these..
* late 1800’s victorian 0.30ct european cut diamond ring, 14k
* 1900s black opal and french cut diamond ring, 14K gold
* 1900s edwardian 0.15 european cut diamond and sapphire paste crossover ring, 10k — this one would just be for fun ;)
welp, i think my runnin’ shoes have just about had it. i can almost feel every rock i step on and i think there’s a little mustard stain on the laces (don’t judge!) soo i’m tradin in my old asics for something better.. here’s what i’m considering:
* nike air max.. love these- girly & lightweight.
* reebok easytone reenews.. ok, i know that they might look a little dumb/like a ritard, but the girls’ in the commercials’ bum/legs look awesome, so hell, i’d give it a try!
hmt has been one of my very bf’s since our long summers at springs - we must’ve been about 5 and 7 (?) - point is, this girl means the world to me, as does her fam. mikey & billy are bff’s, janie & lizzie= bff’s, c&=bff’s, naturrally.. she doesn’t have a choice ;) here’s my gorgeous longhaired, gossip-loving friend’s interview:
i asked, she answered:
1. guilty pleasure: Celebrity gossip (perezhilton, TMZ, stalking…), Jersey Shore, and pretzels&cream cheese.
2. fav movie/why: Titanic. Because I love Leo and I love crying.
3. great night out: Pregaming with the roomz, drinking beer-garitas, going out to dance to some jammin’ oldies, and then late-nighting
4. ideal vacay: Beach beach beach!! Ideally somewhere not too humid and with a swim-up bar. note: do not go to beach with hm if it’s humid. she will complain the ENTIRE time. ;)
5. staple item: For work: cardigans. For play: crimper and black fold-over skirt.
6. in 5 years… I want to not almost be 30 L wahhhh!
7. holiday: 4th of July… I heart America and Whiskey! (okay, I love America and tequila) were u drunk when u wrote this?
8. have to have: Sunglasses and a smile J ..seriously, were u?
9. best feeling ev: Floating on a raft in the pool/lake/river.
10. celeb crush: Jake Gyllenhaal. Hands down hottest. guy. ever. DIBS!! what’s with this guy? is he 9+ inches or what?
* please excuse my weird italicized comments. haha. much love, HMT.
maybe bc it’s just monday.. or maybe it’s bc the wknd’s over.. or maybe it’s bc this va weather isn’t cuttin’ it for me.. but i would reallllllly like a little getaway… actually, a serious getaway, meaning not returning. i talk a big game (have been for about 2 years now) but i would really like for this to happen SOON. i wish i had that free spirit to just get up & go, but it’s a bit harder than that isn’t it? definitely have a lot to take into account… esp my family and friends. maybe this little bug will become a reality very soon (crossing my fingers.. & getting my ish together!)
here’s where i’d like to be…..
can you guess where this is? one of my verrry most favorite places ever.. kw. :) taken on a sunset cruise…. sooo fun & gorgeous!
one of my best friends/cousins/sisters/roomies, miss kt!
kate & i are cousins,and by default should be friends.. but lucky for her, uhem, i mean me, we’re more like sisters.. whom i have lived with for 3 years (2 in college and now in dc). i just love her to pieces.
here she is in all her glory:
i asked kate a few questions… and added my comments where she tends to “omit” some things…. ;)
to miss shady katie:
1. guilty pleasure: well i’m kinda a food junkie… so i would have to say froyo, better known as frozen yogurt. ohh yea, and mexican food, specifially ANITAS!! And all you haters can lock it up! And for the record, its not like that far away NOR do they serve “salad bar cheese”
2. fav movie/why: I think I would have to go with “Father of the Bride Part II”. Because I can quote every line and it’s probably the one chick flick that I know my Dad truly loves!
3. great night out: Well I know this is hard to believe, given my neurotic-ness when it comes to planning, organizing, etc… I do absolutely love the evenings with no where to go and nothing to do. Those nights that you anticipate a relaxing evening and before you know they’ve turned to major dance parties, huge murder ball tourneys and late night seshes!!
4. ideal vacay: Sun, sand and drink in my hand. Thats about my only criteria!
5. staple item: Well I have (more so used to have) a love for matching jumpsuits… cotton, valour, terrycloth… i’m not one to discriminate. And yes confession, I use to have matching kicks for some of them as well :) And I guess its fair to say that I’ve never had a problem “filling” them out… wahhh
6. in 5 years… I want to look back at my life and have no regrets and be surrounded by my amazing family and friends! Ohhh yea, and having an excessive amount of cash dollabills and maybe owning a franchise of TCBY would be nice as well :)
7. what’s in your purse right now: for anyone who knows me this is easy, a GINORMOUS hair brush (wish I have carried since, uhhh, age 5?) and mini bag of back-up make up (which most of my friends appresh during bathroom sesh “touch ups”). ..let’s just say kt keeps nothing short of her entire LIFE in her beloved purse. she’s almost like a modern day mary poppins! :)
8. have to have: Diet Coke. I know its terribly bad for you but its what gets me through my day (and my hangovers?). omitted:flawless hair. k refuses to get ready until completely necessary - because if she’s ready before anyone, she will straighten/fix her hair until we walk out the door.. love you, btw!!
9. best feeling ev: : Laughing soo hard it makes your stomach hurts, and if you are around my family (specifically with my Uncle Tom and Nana) this happens quite often!!
10. celeb crush: well this ones a no brainer… Jakey Gyllenhal, DUH! Sorry Hayley (and Lando?), he is ALL mine!!
i did it. i gave up candy for lent. o.myyy gosh it just started yesterday & already i’m having withdrawal symptoms! & by candy, i mean anything gummy..not chocolatey things.. hot tamales may or may not be my biggest weakness. i often substitute gummies for real meals. obviously not a healthy decision, but it just tastes better. it’s a wonder that i don’t have 864 cavities from this addiction. here’s an embarrassing story to show you how bad it truly is: at TWO of the dining halls at Tech they have BULK candy bins (ahh)..so one afternoon i decided to opt out bfast & lunch for a little (pretty dang big) bag of candy..so i mix gummy bears, tamales, sour gummy worms, etc. in and go to check out..well, the stupid cashier says i don’t have enough $ on my hokie p (mind you i am ONLY buying candy) and that i need go dump some of it out… so obviously my face turns purple from embarrassment as i leave the long line to replace my mixed up bag of goodies to the bins.. pretty sure i got some seriously judgemental looks doing this (ya know, from all of the weird people with their rrrreal food..) so needless to say, i bolted out of there with my skimpy bag in tow.. anyway, point is.. 40 days from now, i’m hoping to report back with stronger teeth & slimmer waist.. wish luck! :)
..*would like to think this could be my (&all of my girlfriends’) to-do list…
in honor of my most favorite day of the week i have decided everrry friday (that i remember) i will post a little something from one of my very favorite people (aka one of my wonderful friends, family or special chosen one)! maybe each one will be the same or maybe different.. not really sure yet since this is obviously the first. so to kick of this new “tradition” i have asked one of my very best friends, tourt (no, that’s not her real name ;) ) to share a little about herself since she’s just so wonderful.. and shares a horrible love for blog-following/stalking!
here’s my beeeautiful girl cruisin the seas! :)
my questions to tourt:
1. good night out: The best nights out are the ones where you start with no specific plans but wherever you end up ends up being the time of your life! Necessary components for time of your life: your best friends, aka your dancing partners, warm weather and summer dresses, and maybe some chips and queso before the night started. 2. ideal chill time: My ideal chill time would be on a warm beach, with a marg, sunnies on, ipod grooving, ocean crashing and an ipad to read my fashion blogs on…the sun glare would disappear for me in my dream world! 3. dream vacay: Paroozing around Europe with some galpals. For two years, minimum. Eating lots of croissants, vespa rides, shopping and adventures! I’d probably never come back. 4. staple items: Marc! He’s my best buddy. Followed by my doxie doggy Stu, I’d put him in my pocket if I could and make him lick Katie all day. And a suitcase…since I leave Baltimore every.weekend. oops. 5. drink of choice: Vodka and Soda water and two limes. Mixing it with water just seems to give me permission to have more since I’m hydrating at the same time. Right?? 6. ice cream or cookie: Chocolate Chip Cookies! Nom nom nom. Literally just ate one while sitting here at the airport. 7. naughty or nice: Cue Britney ..”I’m not that innocent”…despite my “niceness” 8. boxers or boxer briefs (i’ve found this to be a serious statement): boxerbriefs! Hope parents aren’t reading this :x 9. celeb crush: mcdreamy. Yes please! 10. your choice. (whatev you want to say!): I love that Paige has started a blog and honored to be the first interviewee! I am obsessed with all things fashion, including fashion blogs…peaches gives me inspiration to start one of my own one day!!
i haven’t read a good book in a while and need to get my hands on a good one. anyone have suggestions?! i read water for elephants a while back and ab-so-lutely loved it. and they’re making the movie! can’t wait for that one to come out! :) anyway, i saw elin hilderbrand came out with a new book the island, and think i might just have to run over & pick it up!
here’s the synopsis: In the wake of tragedy, a middle-aged divorcée, her sister, and her two grown daughters retreat to the family home on remote, rustic Tuckernuck Island off the coast of Nantucket, where buried secrets and repressed longings burst to the surface.
seems like a pretty easy, fun one to me!
since it’s THURSSSDAY i’m obviously already (have been) thinking about the weekend ahead & can’t wait for all the fun little things planned! going home for mom’s birthday tomorrow- she’s leaving for aruba on sunday with her sisters (lucky lady!) so we’ll be celebrating with some close family friends at g’s house (celebrating hay & belle’s bday too!!) .. & saturday we’re celebrating hay’s bday!! :D should be such a fun day/night- follow up with more deets later. for now, need to figure out something fun to wear! have been looking online for a while for ideas a little way too long, and can’t find anything.. such an awkward time of year.. do you wear tights or not? jacket or no jacket? freeze your ass off or not? decisions! odds are.. probably freeze my ass off. good thing hay & i are shopping tonight! xx
if you didn’t already know.. i want to be a hippie. i would love to be decked out in all things freepeople and have bracelets on my arms and headbands/(flowers) across my forehead and gorgeous long hair.. would be so sweet. anyway, found these dudes on etsy, via orange&yellow. i’d like to have about 3-4 (on each wrist) :)
"I have a history of making decisions very quickly about men. I have always fallen in love fast and without measuring risks. I have a tendency not only to see the best in everyone, but to assume that everyone is emotionally capable of reaching his highest potential. I have fallen in love more times than I care to count with the highest potential of a man, rather than with the man himself, and I have hung on to the relationship for a long time (sometimes far too long) waiting for the man to ascend to his own greatness. Many times in romance I have been a victim of my own optimism.” - e.p.l.
got back from the beautiful crested butte (not crusty butt, as my friends like to say) late last night and had the MOST wonderful time. a gabagillion thank yous to my wonderful host, t. :) i’ve never really been out west before, especially not right in the heart of the rockies, and i have to tell you it was truly breathtaking. i was taking pictures through the tiny 5 inch window of the plane i was so dang excited.. it really looked like a scene from a movie..that’s kind of the only way i can describe it..like someone had drawn the mountains all around us and we were the lucky little characters placed in the middle. cb is the cutest dang town too..it took about an hour and a half to get there from montrose and the trip felt like i was on the polar express (maybe i just have a kid’s imagination..) the town is only a couple blocks, but it has the most character i think of any town i’ve visited..there are no chains, nada one! just unique little hole-in-the-wall restaurants, coffee houses, bars and clothing stores. t lives in a cute little apartment building across from the resort looking straight on to the mountain with 2 other guys (who i loved). we went bar hopping, skiing, dining, lounging, hot tubbing and moseying around town like kids the whole week.. it was just perfect. the skiing part was quite the adventure.. i’m notttt a very good skiier and have about 2834 bruises to prove it. mind you it snowed 37 inches last week, so falling down on skis and getting back up is more than a challenge. thank goodness for ski goggles so no one could tell when i was close to crocodile tears bc i couldn’t get my dang butt up or my foot back in the ski.. :) here’s a little preview of one of our ski excursions..
..that would be me, the red monster probably trying to get my skis back on while t laid in the snow waiting (for about 15 minutes).. the mountain was amazing though, seriously if you enjoy skiing and enjoy taking quick little beer breaks at an ice bar (yeah, it’s made of ice and on the side of the mountain..so cool) then you need to visit cb. you won’t regret it.
more pictures to come once i figure out how to upload from my camera! xx
just a gorgeous someone to brighten your tuesday! mm hellooo, jaaames..you dreamy hunk.. p.s. he’s hosting the Oscars this Sunday alongside Anne Hathaway.. don’t miss it!..i’ll be enroute to DC, so roomies- pls dvr!! xx
lots of exciting things coming up this week:
tonight- babs is hosting her FIRST pampered chef party!! she is so excited and i’m sure it’s going to be fab. she has become quite the little chef/baker lately. between k and s, our house always smells delicious. she has invited about 15 girls over tonight to show off her skiiills and make some sales! she made the cutest mini red velvet cupcakes with mini oreos in the middle last night for all her guests - i’ll take pics of her party tonight to share :) (well, if my crazy head remembers!) so good luck tonight, it’ll be great!! babs is actually a “guest blogger” on my friend b’s great/hilarious blog - "exercise for fries" - check out her stories about all her delicious meals and adventures && the “celeb” post today!
tomorrow- leaving for CB! ah, “excitious” = excited/anxious. to say that i have serious anxiety about flying is an understatement. it’s not that i don’t like flying.. b/c i really do. love airports, people watching, and even the ridiculously overpriced food/drinks. it’s the possibility of cancellations and delays that freak me out/make my heart race/blood boil. haha, maybe h is right.. might overreact just a liiittle.. :) but i’ve had AWFUL luck with my flights in the past, so i’m praying that this one goes a little better.. babs is SO sweet to take me to the airport at 4:30a..have a layover in houston & should get to montrose by about 12p..catching a shuttle to the resort once i land in montrose and then be there! it’s about a 8-9 hr trip..but it’ll be so worth it once i see those gorgeous post-card perfect mountains!
& thurs- k,c,b, and l are going to GAGA!! :D SOO excited for them.. they’ll have an absolute BLAST and take billions of pics, compliments of c-papa (‘razzi!)
maybe one day when i become domesticated like my friends i’ll feel inclined to make some wonderful little treats like they do.. but for now, i’ll stick to what i know.. so for the next party, i will make these:
*sparkling tropical punch
via noblepig. <for all you foodies, check out her blog..it’s awesome.
served out of a punchbowl..oOo so fancy! haha. here is what goes in to this concoction:
2 cups pineapple juice 2 cups orange juice 2 cups cranberry juice 2 cups guava nectar 1 cup apple juice 1 (750 ml) bottle sparkling wine.. aka champagne. i hate when people say sparkling wine.
"there's a crack (or cracks) in everyone...that's how the light of God gets in"
when i get something in my head, i rrreally get it in my head.. and after watching this movie all i can think about is going on a little adventure like liz did. watched eat pray love last night with my roomies and absolutely fell in love. i’ve always wanted to travel/do something crazy and just take off.. and this movie/book is such an inspiration. i envy everyone who has gone abroad and traveled.. might just be one of the things i regret not doing in college. but who says you/i can’t go now?..obviously there are more factors than just packin a bag and hopping on a plane.. but how fun would that be? i think we tend to learn a lot about ourselves and each other when we are out of our element and that’s what i’d like to do.. not to say that my day to day life in dc isn’t suuuper, but to really get out of my comfort zone, to find out what i really want/who i am, and to truly appreciate everything and everyone in my life, this might be a step in the right direction.. & i don’t want to wait to travel, i want to do it while i’m young (and stupid).. i mean if i haven’t screwed up enough already with some of the choices i’ve made then what’s one more crazy trip…..right? ;)
my favorite place she visited was bali - shocker - couldn’t you picture yourself reading, dancing and taking the best nap ever here…
"you were given life; it is your duty (and also your entitlement as a human being) to find something beautiful within life, no matter how slight."
"relinquish some control today. things are working fine on their own, so go relax."
this is my horoscope today.. quite fitting.
what a quick weekend! do y’all feel like you work/pretty much live for the weekends and spend half the work week planning what fun things you’ll do, and then before you know it it’s over? such a bummer come sunday night! but regardless, it was a fun, relaxing wknd filled with pretty much nothing..almost good for a change! went to mexicali blues with a bunch of girlfriends friday for hh ..or… just drinks? my friends and i getting ready is somewhat of a process so actually making it to hh is challenging sometimes! :)
good news: i bought a camera!! have only taken pictures of brady & murphy (belle and i’s pups who live with their nana (mom)) since they stayed with me saturday night while mom went to the river house.. shall post pictures of the little babies soon! also good news, i have completely packed my suitcase for CB already.. think i’m excited/nervous?! leaving bright & early wednesday morning.. crossing my fingers (and toes) for no snow/delays/cancellations!
good news in fashion-finds… (/not so good for my bank acct!):
from virginia johnson, a canadian designer. check out her beauuutiful gauze wool shawls.. could wear these guys year round!
loove them! kind of really freakin pricey.. but oh-so pretty.
"it’s spring fever. that is what the name of it is. and when you’ve got it, you want - oh, you don’t quite know what it is you do want, but it just fairly makes your heart ache, you want it so!” - mark twain
february 18 & 72?!? :D great way to make a girl smile & kick off the wknd!
headed to hh tonight after work with the girls! don’t know where we’re going yet.. but it’s going to be OUTSIDE on a patio/rooftop with margs or coronas, orrr my go-to: BL. cheap date. i’ll never order good beer. ever. heineken is about as cool as i get. regardless of what is consumed, it’s going to be fun.. kpsh (like ka-peesh?!) is a blast.. in a glass! add a little tourt in there too bc her is coming and i can’t wait!
was going to show y’all HOW MUCH FUN we are via (old) pictures.. but stupid FB won’t let me take them off. so that brings me to another point, i need a camera. have never owned one.. unless you count the bright yellow one i broke in like sixth grade..? thing is, i actually hate taking pictures..but i like looking at pictures of other people. & i’ve realized that i want to start documenting things b/c my memory is so damn bad. soo any suggestions? just need a point and click kind of camera, nothin fancy. (i haven’t even upgraded from a “slidey phone”.. aka one that only calls/texts). going shopping tomorrow with the girls & home to see mom so maybe we’ll find a deal!
hope everyone has a lovely friday/wknd & gets to enjoy this BEAUTIFUL day!! and if by chance hh turns in to hn (happy night), i would like to wear this..
so after posting that beautiful tory burch bag (which i’m kind of obsessed with now), i have started following her blog. it’s so dang cute and so is she! one of my mom’s very good friend is actually a good friend of tory’s… pretty sweet, huh?! still waiting to be introduced/offered a job ;) anyway, she has great highlights on ny fashion week, her dinner parties, and fashion gossip. i love learning about other people’s lives, especially people i don’t know (not sure why..creepy? naah.).. i like knowing what they find interesting/enjoy doing for fun,where they go on vacation, & the books they love, etc.! don’t judge. i know it’s weird.
here are some of my favorite new things by tory for spring:
*stephanie tunic. tory designs the BEST tunics, just fyi. belle has a few, which i like to borrow every now and again.. ;)
* quincy trench. have been looking for a khaki/light/chic trench coat for so long! this is a liiiittle way out of my price range, but so pretty to look at ;)
* carnell wedge. dah..3 3/4” heel? hell yah. i LOVE heels. the taller the better.
i’m sooo ready for summer. when the weather gets just a little bit warmer (ya know, like around 60 deg..) i always think it’s almost time for cute summer dresses, rainbows (flippyflops), ‘kinis, & layin out beachside (even poolside will do!).. ahh can’t wait
& who serves as better inspiration (to get my buns in shape) than irina shayk - the new sports illustrated swimsuit model?! girl looks good.
she’s like a much prettier megan fox in my opinion..
wellll here’s to hopin for a bangin’ bod like irina! ;) (never gunna happen, but a girl can dream!)
jim: 20 min elliptical + 3mile interval run + abs.. gotta tell ya, the interval runs kill me! (5 min=4.8/14 incline, 5 min=6.8/2 incline (x2 = 20 min) & 1 min walk, 2 min sprint-ish (for 10 minutes) i tend to get bored on the treadmill pretty quickly, so playing with the speed and incline really help! try it sometime & let me know what ya think!
"jim": 3 mile run w/ intervals & 30 minutes on elliptical + arms.. didn’t get to the abs b/c i was quickly trying to exit to avoid super awk conversation with l-man. rah! shall do them at home tonight :)
here’s what my interval run looked like today: 5 min: 4.8(walk/skip ;) ) @ 14.0 incline; 5 min: 6.6(run) @ 2.0 incline (repeated 3 times each)
"you know, it’s amazing..a personality like yours and you still can’t get any dates." - pacey
"even more amazing: a personality like yours and you can." - joey
*favorite favorite couple ever. pacey is my unicorn in case anyone was wondering. hopefuls: listen.
- disclaimer: i promise after today the loveymushyish will stop… alright, well maybe. ;)
on another note, i’ve decided i’m going to keep track of my gym runs/workouts so that maybe i’ll hold my chunky*ss more accountable. and we’re (mom and i) running in the richmond 10k in a couple months and would like to get an ok time this year! aaand, come on it’s almost bikini season….?! (well couldn’t hurt to get a head start, right?!)
tonight: 5 miles (intervals)/abs & arms on ball. whew!